An experienced cultural producer, I have worked across the creative industries for the last 15 years. In 2017/18, I was Head of Participant Services (maternity cover) for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Society, leading the team responsible for supporting all venues, companies and arts industry who wish to attend and be part of the world’s greatest platform for creative freedom. Most recently I have been Director of Dumfries and Galloway Arts Festival and it’s accompanying rural touring programme, Arts Live.
From July I take up post as General Manager for Assembly Festival the longest running of the multi-venue operators during the Edinburgh Fringe.
I am an experienced theatre, dance and project producer, with particular experience working on Edinburgh’s Festivals, national and international touring theatre and cross artform collaborations. I am passionate about projects that excite and engage.
‘Efficient but enthusiastic and bursting with knowledge, you can’t help thinking that if you were that company looking for a new connection, then Dani Rae would be the person to help you find it.’
Thom Dibdin, The Stage
- Step Up – FST Mentoring Programme, as mentor
- Puppet Animation Scotland/FST Liz Lerman Critical Response
- FST Producer’s Bursary
- mPower Arts Academy – Mentor Training
- Imaginate – Developing Business Skills for Individuals
- ITC – Passport to International Touring
- FST Producers Training Matrix – Production Development and Management, Budget Planning & Management.
- Step Up – FST Mentoring Programme, as mentee
- Imaginate Associated Artist Scheme
- Curriculum for Excellence training with Edinburgh City Council
- BA (Hons) Drama and Theatre Arts, Queen Margaret University: specialising in Dramaturgy/Literary Management
- HNC Acting and Performance, GCNS